Book Haul! (January and February)

Hello my lovely readers, today I decided to do book haul. So, this is all of the books that I have bought since Christmas and most of them are from book depository. Book depository is this really amazing web site that sells books. Most of the time there are really great sales and the shipping is free. The free shipping is great for me because I live in Finland and normally shipping something here costs really much.
But here is all of the books that I have bought recently:


1. Uprooted By Naomi Novik


This is the first book that I have for you today. I believe that this book is retelling about beauty and the beast but I'm not quite sure because I don't know much about this book. This book follows the story of a young girl, who lives in this village. Near this village is very dangerous forrest and the villagers need help from wizard. The wizard helps them but with a prize. The prize is that every ten years one girl from the village must come to his castle and serve him for ten years, this year it happens to be the main character. 
Tell me if any of you have read this book, and if so what you thought about it.


2. Snow like ashes By Sara Raasch


I believe this is part of a series but I'm not quite sure. This is tale about a kingdom called Winter which was conquered by this other kingdom. All but eight of its citizen were killed, among the eight was the prince and his friend Meira. When scouts discover location of ancient locket that could restore Winter's magic, Meira decides to go find it to help the kingdom. 
I have heard great things about this book and I hope it's good. 


3. Milk and honey By Rupi Kaur


This is the first poetry book that I'm ever going to read. I haven't read much poetry before but decided to try some. I picked this because one of my friends recommended this to me and it seemed interesting enough, so I bought it. I believe this book is divided into for parts, the hurting, the loving, the breaking and the healing. I hope, I like this book and maybe in future I will read more poetry.
If you have some great recommendations about poetry, please tell me down on the comments so I can check them out.


4. Obsidian By Jennifer L. Armentrout


This book is the first book in the Lux series and I decided to only buy the first one and look if I like it. Then maybe if I like it I buy the rest of the series. I believe this tells about this girl who moves to a different town just before her senior year. In this town, she meets siblings, a girl and a boy. Soon she finds out that they are both alien. After that many things start happening. 
I believe this is some sort of love story, I'm not sure yet but I hope I like it. Have any of you read this book before?


5. Cruel beauty By Rosamund Hodge


I don't know much about this book. My friend recommended it to me and I just decided to pick it up. I believe this is also retelling about beauty and the beast. I know that the main character has been betrothed to this evil ruler of her land since birth. Her job is to kill this ruler. I believe this is the main idea and I don't really know more about this book. I kind of want to just read it without knowing much. 
If any of you have read this book what did you thought?


6. The kiss of deception By Mary E. Pearson


This book is first in the series and I don't have the rest but if I like this I will buy them. The first one is about this girl who runs away on her wedding night because she doesn't want to marry a prince. She runs to this distant village hoping no one would find her, although soon after two men arrive to the village, one is the prince and the other one is assassin that was sent to kill her. But we don't know which of the men is the prince or the assassin. 
This book sound really interesting and I'm excited to read it. Have any of you read it?


7. Six of crows By Leigh Bardugo


This is the first book of the series. This book is about six dangerous outcasts who gets this impossible job. They have to break in to the Ice court and rescue prisoner. Ice court is military strong hold that has never been broken into, so it seems to be suicide mission. 
That's all I know about this book but I have heard some very great things about it and that it is supposed be good. For what I know about the book it has gotten my attention and I can't wait to read it. Have any of you read it and did you like it?


8. Crooked kingdom By Leigh Bardugo


This is the second book and the final book of the six of crows series. I don't really know anything about the second book and I don't either want to know because I still haven't read the first, I don't want to be spoiled.


9. Falling kingdoms By Morgan Rhodes


This is a book that I don't know much about but I believe this is series. I have heard that this is kind of like game of thrones but for younger people...I hope it's good. What are your thoughts about this book?


10. The young elites By Marie Lu


This is the first book of the series. It tells about this girl called Adeline who has survived blood fever and due that she got some abilities. She has to learn control her abilities. She also finds out that she isn't the only one with abilities and there are others, they are called the young elites. Adeline's abilities are the strongest and she may be danger to them all. 
This book sound really interesting and I hope it's good. I haven't read the other series by Marie Lu but I intend to do just that in somewhere near future. Have any of you read this series? If so what did you think? Did you like it? Have you read the Legend series? If so did you like it?


11. The rose society By Marie Lu


This is the second book of the young elites series and I don't know literally anything about it because once again I don't want to spoiled.


12. The midnight star By Marie Lu


This is the third book of the young elite series and I don't also know anything about it.


I hope you all like this post and I wish all of you great day and a new coming week. What are some of the books you guys have recently bought. Also, tell me if you have read any of these books and what you thought of them.
I'm also sorry I haven't updated in a while but I have been kinda depressed since my grandfather passed away and also I have had some big school things to worry about. But now I'm going to try update more frequently. Yeah, have a great day you all.

Comments

  1. Six of Crows should definitely be your first choice. It's a masterpiece!
    My review--> http://bookscrumbles.blogspot.it/2016/06/six-of-crowns-by-leigh-bardugo-this-is.html

    Nice blog!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks:) I'll go check out your review and yeah, I'm planning on reading it soon because I have heard many great things about it.

      Delete
  2. Oh I love The Kiss of Deception! Some good plottwist in it ;)

    https://wanderbooklust.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope, I like it too:) I'll go check out your blog when I have time.

      Delete
  3. I've never read any poetry books either, but I've seen so many people rave about milk and honey! And I also bought Six of Crows and Crooked Kingdom recently and am looking forward to read them. Enjoy all your new books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I already read milk and honey and I loved it. I also read six of crows last week and it was amazing, I hope you enjoy it when you read it:)

      Delete

Post a Comment