Half Bad By Sally Green




Hello my lovely bookworms, today's post is going to be book review. I'm going to review Sally Green's Half bad. I read this book while ago but I didn't have time to review it until now. Half bad is young adult fantasy book that was published March fourth, 2014, and is the first book of the trilogy.

Half bad is a novel that is set in modern-day Europe. In this book witches and humans live together but humans don't know that witches exist. There are two types of witches, black and white, black witches are normally considered as evil and white witches as good. White witches are the main population in this world.

This novel follows 17-year-old Nathan Bryn. Nathan is half white and half black witch, they call him half code. His mother is dead and his father is hunted because he is the most powerful and most cruelest black witch in the world. Nathan is kept in a cage and abused.  He has to escape before his seventeenth birthday and find his father, or he will die. The first part of this book starts as Nathan is in the cage and how his days go. Then the second part in the book, is Nathan's childhood from very young age to about when he is sixteen, and how he ended up in the cage. In the fourth part, he escapes the cage. After that the story goes how he tries to find his father and stay alive.

Nathan is black sheep of the family and he is the only half code in this world. Almost everyone hates him, and he is shunned because of this. This book left many questions unanswered and I hope that in the following books they are answered. Main question that is in my mind after the book is, how they decided that all black witches are bad, and what is so different about white and black witches.

The first part is written from second person narrative and it feels like the reader is the protagonist. After that the book is written from first-person point of view, Nathan's. This book is mainly character development and there is very little action, in the end there is some action scenes when Nathan is trying to escape the cage, and when he is looking for his father.

I will give this 2/5 stars.
I didn't really like this book and I think that is mainly because it was pretty slow read and not much happened. The ending was interesting enough that I might continue the story.
I recommend this book to people who like books that are mainly character development and don't mind that there is very little action.
Please comment below if any of you have read this book and what did you think of it, I would love to know. Also you can recommend some great books to me that I can read.

So I hope you liked this post and I wish all of you have a great day and wonderful following week. I'm going to post something new next week, so I hope you all come check that out then.
Also go check out my other blog, I'll leave link below.
www.jennapaavola.blogspot.fi

Comments