What to do while listening to audiobook

Hello, my lovely bookworms <3 I hope you all have had the wonderful year of 2017 so far. I, myself, have been at work almost all year but at least, now I have some money saved up. I would be interested to know what you, my lovely readers, have been doing this winter and what books you have read.

This summer and autumn, I have been really into audiobooks. I mostly listen to them while I’m at work, that way the paperwork seems less boring. Work is great place listen to them but most of the time, I can’t just stop listening when I go home, so I continue them there. But I, myself, am one of those people who can’t sit still and do nothing for a long period, so I had to come up with some ideas for what to do while listening to audiobooks. 


So, here I am sharing some of those ideas with you guys.

 

One of the most obvious ones is to get yourself hooked on a phone game, I like to play Candy Crush or Subway Surf. They are great games to play while listening to an audiobook because they don’t command too much of your attention or your brainpower to play them. Of course, you can try any game but some games where you have to think very hard may be difficult to play while still trying to concentrate to the audiobook.I, also like to scroll through my social media while listening, this way your hands get something to do.

Listening audiobooks always gets me motivated to start cleaning my apartment. I normally never like to vacuum, wash my dishes or do my laundry but listening to audiobooks while doing them is a great help. I can concentrate on listening and not the task of doing household chores and that makes them more fun to do. I sometimes even cook my dinner while listening to an audiobook. I also like to sort out my emails for that day while listening to an audiobook because I sometimes don’t like to make time to do it.


If you find a really good book to listen and you don’t want to just sit or lie around your house listening to it, you can go to the gym, running or for a walk. I do this often when I don’t want to listen to music while running. Sometimes I just get this feeling that there isn’t anything new or anything I want to listen to at the moment, so audiobooks are a great alternative. This is also a great way to get yourself moving more. 


If you’re going to take a long car drive somewhere, listening to audiobooks is a great way to make the journey more fun and the drive doesn’t feel so long. Of course, you can listen to audiobooks if the drive is shorter too if you want. I know many people like listen to the radio while driving but I, myself, find that radios play the same songs again and again and if the drive is longer you get bored to the same songs. 


I find it always hard to get myself to plan my next day, week or month. I have never been the one that plans every detail of their day or life and sometimes it’s a bad thing, like when you have certain things coming up at school or at work. I normally do this dreading task while watching some show on Netflix or listening to an audiobook. I find it easier to do this while listening to an audiobook because when watching something on Netflix your eyes are on the screen and not much on your calendar. I also like to plan what I’m going to post on different social media accounts advance, so I don’t have to every day think about it, I just have something planned already. 


What a great way to get yourself up in the morning or relax before bed, listen to an audiobook. I do this especially on evenings before bed. I like to do my evening routine while listening to some audiobook because it’s easier than reading an actual book while trying to shower or brush your teeth. I would do this on mornings as well but I’m not really a morning person and I like to sleep as long as possible, so I normally get up so late that I don’t have time to do anything in mornings. 

So, there is this days blog post. I would like to know if any of you is into audiobooks? If so, what do you like to do while listening to audiobooks? I would also like to know what is the latest audiobook you just listened? I listened to A Court of Wings and Ruin because I didn’t have time to sit down and read the book again.

I hope you all have a great day and a peaceful Christmas. 


Comments