5 Favorite Reads of 2018

Hello, my lovely readers,

It’s that time of the year again. To reflect all of the books we have read and count our favorite books of 2018. I have 5 books on my list this year. 


2018 was a slow reading year for me, I felt like there weren’t many new or interesting books coming out. According to Goodreads I read 83 books, normally I read about 150 books a year. I read more books in the last two months of the year because I joined a few online book clubs and we had some monthly book challenges and that inspired me to read more. 


But anyway here are my 5 favorite books this year. Some of them have been released earlier but I didn’t read them until this year.



The Cruel Prince

The first one has to be the cruel prince by holly black, it was the first book I read this year and I found it hard to find something to read after this one (I got a bad case of book hangover). 
The Cruel Prince is the first book in this series and the second book is coming out in a few weeks, can’t wait. I found this book to be unique and the characters felt real. The characters’ weren’t just good or bad, they were overall grey. 

Kingdom of ash

Kingdom of Ash is the seventh book in the throne of glass series by Sarah J. Maas. 
I felt like this was a great ending to the story. I know there is still one book coming out next year but I believe it’s set like ten years after these events, so technically this is the ending. Kingdom of Ash is not my favorite in the series but it was still an amazing book. There was quite much jumping between different points of views and I found that there was maybe too much of that. I like many of the characters but it would be better to just focus on two or three and write companion novella about the other characters. It was hard to concentrate sometimes.

Queen of Air and Darkness

Queen of Air and Darkness is the third and final book in the Dark Artifices trilogy by Cassandra Clare. This book to me didn’t feel much like an ending like there could be few other books after this one, so I could find out what happened with some of the characters. I liked the other two books more on this series but this was still a great read. I don’t want to say much about this book because it would spoil some of you who haven’t read the book yet, so I’m going to write a review about this later and talk with more depth about things. 

Stalking Jack the Ripper

Stalking Jack the Ripper is the first book in the series by Kerri Maniscalco.
First I thought I wouldn’t like this book and that’s why I put off reading it for this long but finally decided to read it this halloween and was surprisingly surprised by it. Now it’s one of my favorites. I liked Audrey and Thomas and their chemistry through out the book. I, of course, read Hunting Prince Dracula and it was amazing. Now I have to wait for the next year so I can get my hands on the 3rd and 4th books.

Tower of Dawn


Tower of Dawn is the sixth book in Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas and it’s mainly from Chaol’s point of view. I was greatly surprised by this one. I don’t like Chaol much, so I thought I would not read this book at all but decided to still, before jumping into the Kingdom of ash. I still don’t like Chaol but I liked the plot and the other characters. I’m glad I read this book because it revealed some very important information. 



Those are my favorite books of 2018. I’m eager to learn what your list looks like. Did you have some of the same books or was it completely different? Tell me in the comment section down bellow. 


Thank you so much foe reading and Happy New Year for everybody.

Comments