Chasing the Idol - Second Chance Romance

 Hello, my lovely readers!


How is everyone's day going? Isn't it crazy how fast the summer has gone? I'm going back to school tomorrow. We are doing half online learning and a half on school learning. Much of our semester is also work placement, so there is that. 

How about you all? Online or in-person on school?


But back to books. Haha. Today I wanted to tell you about Chasing the Idol by Ivy Wild. This is the first book in the Infamous trilogy, and the last book is going to be published today, so now is a great time to start reading this series. Chasing the Idol is a second chance romance novel.

It is also going to be my first time reading anything by Ivy Wild but definitely going to read more soon. 


Blurb:

I longed for her.

Even after all these years, I still wanted her.

Sophie Strong walked out of my life five years ago to become America's next pop idol.

But everything didn't go as planned.

And now she's back in D.C.

Back within my reach.

I was just a kid when she left, but I built my fortune while she was gone.

I will have her, and she will come to me willingly.

This time, I'm not letting her go.


Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08BKVTPHR


 Goodreads:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/54238654-chasing-the-idol


 Bookbub:

https://www.bookbub.com/books/chasing-the-idol-infamous-book-1-by-ivy-wild












My Review:


"All that glitters is not gold."


I was contacted by the author to see if I wanted to read this book for free in exchange for a review. I read the blurb and was intrigued. 

Now I have to admit this is not the kind of book I normally read, but I was happily surprised and like it really much.


The characters are relatable, and you can connect to their struggles easily. They are brave and bit funny, so there is some comic relief during all the drama that is happening. I like how they get to know each other again after being separated for so many years. They have changed since then and are somewhat new people. I think there was some really great character development going on. 


I liked this story and how it's written. It is easy to follow, and there are a few plot twists that will keep you surprised. This book is drama-filled, but there are some cute and comic moments in between. And of course hot sex. The sex scenes were steamy with a pinch of light BDSM, which I liked. 

The plot had few cliche moments, but overall they were small and fitting to the story. 


There was definitely cliffhanger at the end of this book, but you just have to read the next book to find out more. I'm definitely going to. 


I would recommend this book to you if this sounds something you would enjoy reading. 



Comments